Friday, February 15, 2008

Cleric's Guild

My friend Alphonsus has introduced me to a land called Faeria and i found out that i could display my art there. So i was finding out all about what i would need to do for that.

When i was visiting there we had another visitor, a very special visitor. Her name was JewelFire. I was told that she had terminal cancer. The person was simply an inspiration. She was so happy it seemed just to be there. I took some pictures of her, knowing somehow i would never see her again. Little did i know, for the next morning the first news i found out was that she had passed away that night after leaving us, when she was still online. It just reminds me how fleeting and impermanent are we all.. like a flickering candle.

That day in Faeria there was a day long service for her. The fountain had a platform on it with a beautiful picture of her avatar. Music a friend wrote, inspired by JewelFire was played all day. It really is a reminder that behind every avatar there is a real person. I am sorry i did not know her better. I am sorry that although i tried to give her a dragonride i was so inexperienced at doing that that the ride was not that good.. and i ended up crashing. I felt very inadequate, but she was very grateful all the same.

Anyway i really didnt feel like even thinking about an art show that day.

Tuesday night on second life the queen of Triskele delivered the clerics guild, a huge beautiful stone building built like a large church. It is magnificent! Such a beautiful building! Immediately we looked through it, planning where things would go.

After some discussion and both other speakers left, i started building. I rarely build in second life, in fact aside from some initial attempts and a bottle, this was the first time trying architecture. This turned out to be fun and a challenge. We needed a private enclosure on the first floor for the healers area.

We also had to consider that weddings in second life are a big business. Wren noticed that there is a space under the stairs that seemed a bit out of the way, so i started building walls to enclose it. Later Wren added archways for the doors, which i have not yet learned to do.

After getting a good start, i informed the queen that we had added to the building and made sure she knew we meant no offense for this. She replied no offense was taken, that we should modify it as we need and gave me a couple textures she had used for the stonework. I have continued to build using the textures and made sure that both Wren and Alphonsus could modify my work if need be.

Wren has added a floor above the healers area as a library and is working on putting furniture in, so this is really starting to shape up. Building in second life is a lot of fun, and who knows i may get hooked. *grins*

Wednesday night i started setting up my art show. Its mostly my dragons done in photoshop. I was given this huge stone wall to dispay on and by the time i finished its was pretty much filled. The show on Sunday should be interesting. I will be sending notecards out to my friends about it.

Thursday night i allowed myself to be persuaded to participate in the archery tournement. After such a long time without any practice that was a big mistake. I was totally slaughtered within a minute of the first 2 rounds. The other person kept saying she had lag but she was all over me. I could hardly move. *Sighs*

Anyway i soothed my bruised ego by searching the sims for the lost scrolls and found 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It really is a reminder that behind every avatar there is a real person." - and you are a real person too. You gave Jewel a great gift that night which she really loved, you should not worry about any feelings of inadequacy for you gave what you could to the best of your ability, and it was appreciated very much not just by Jewel, but by myself and the others of us who were there to witness your gift.
Thank you Malakyte. :)

malakyte said...

Thank you Mykyl!