Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thubanism on Trial

Last night was once more busy. When i got online we had a Clerics meeting. There was much that we could have spoken of, the spell lists, the gods, enrollment ect.. I had only meant to mention this in passing, just to bring it up since it was still a work in progress but unfortunately the subject took over the whole meeting.

It was basically in creating the history of Thubanism and the dragons i saw an opportunity to insert a place for the other gods as well and perhaps explain their relationships. I thought to create a history for all the gods... yes as we had in Everwind.

We debated several points and then finally realized that we would need to consult all the race leaders for such points as to whether the gods would be the creators of the races or if each race would be born from the fires of creation. Eventually i decided to shelve the idea. There are other more immediate things to work on and seemingly too many obstacles at the moment.

Anyway in the regular council meeting my good friend Alphonsus (yes i am posting about you! *grins*) surprised me by bringing up Thubanism. Thank the ancestors i was somewhat prepared, though i think i would have cleaned up my document a bit more had i known i was going to give it out to everyone.

Be that as it may he helped me get over the hurdle of actually introducing it myself which as a second i couldn't do anyway unless Alphonsus was not there and then i would have had to do it by myself. *shivers* Fortunately i am not qualified to do so.

It also allowed me to be there to talk about it or defend it to others. Though i am not sure how much good that was when suddenly faced with half the council wanting to know about it... i was tongue tied and could not think to express myself adequately.

I gave out many copies of the work including one to the Queen this morning who crashed before recieving it last night. I only hope our work, that of Soo, SnowBlind and myself will be seen as worthy in the eyes of the leaders of this realm.

No comments: