Friday, September 12, 2008

Ignored?

What does one do when ignored? I thought to create a story for the clerics, something that would demonstrate the power of a cleric and perhaps generate interest. I thought to make it fun so that people would want to play. But considering its nature to grow, i figured that perhaps i should ask the council.

I did ask and was met by total silence so far. No one has said one way or another what they think of it. In fact when the queen asked me to explain about it, someone else was talking while i was trying to say what i had to say. Soooo does it merrit even asking about? I wonder if its so below everyones attention if i should just go ahead with it. No one has said no..

Even when i asked if i should have said anything in the meeting no one said yes or no. I did my best and created all this food for a feast.. so now i wonder if its all down the drain? Is this how things are discouraged here? We were looking forward to getting this thing started right away. So do i go ahead and assume since no one has spoken one way or other that its not important enough for them to bother with? If its not that important then i should just go ahead with it. But why could i not even get a yea or nae from someone?

My guess is that its just such a horrible idea that no one wants to even talk about it. I am beginning to wonder if thats the way they all feel about the clerics guild since any attempts to revive it seem to be met with similar reactions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is too bad that the clerics lost their best leader for he could have kept them alive - and he is missed greatly in more places also. (As have you been the last few weeks :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Malakyte.

I can totally identify with your feelings. Recently I put forward a very carefully thought out proposal and when speaking to council members informally, they all were encouraging. However, I put the proposal forward at the start of August and even volunteered to do the work myself... and was met with silence.

What I would advise though, is not to assume they didn't like it. That is just mind reading and unhelpful. Yes, it's rude of them, but no, it's not a way of saying "no". If people mean no, then they need to say it.

It's probably that no-one has bothered to really consider it and getting back to you on it, which is rudeness (or being too busy) and not a reflection on your qualities.

malakyte said...

Mykyl, what has happened to Alphonsus anyway? I don't see him online or even in his blog. I noticed the Princess is gone too. I worry and hope they are alright.

Hobbit, it could be i was just taking things too personally. I have a tendency to do that from time to time. I think they may just be to busy since we have a big realm wide role-play in the works and i recently found out that the Clerics do have an important part to play in it.

Thank you both for your responses.