Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Doubts

There is something that happened that still disturbs me. One of our dragons is working on the meters but I really do not understand much about the process. Knowing that I would be the only one to represent the dragons at a council meeting I asked this dragon for information about the progress of the meters. He told me, but I misunderstood.

So when I was asked about it in the council meeting I said the wrong thing. I was immediately challenged and realized I made a mistake. I have sent messages to all the council and apologized but now I wonder if I have not lost some respect there.

It is very troubling to me since no one really replied to the message I sent out, and I take the honor of being able to attend the meetings very seriously. I do try to do my best but now wonder if that is good enough.

I think my reporting on the progress of the Clerics several weeks earlier was not very good either. I seem to misunderstand what is asked of me quite often. I think perhaps I should not say anything in these meetings anymore.

I know I should not doubt myself but I just wonder if I am capable of the role I have been given sometimes. Everyone makes mistakes but I seem to make them much more often than anyone else.

4 comments:

Camilla said...

You don't make mistakes any more frequently than the rest of us, I would venture to guess. It just feels like it.

Regarding your note to the council and lack of response, remember that,

1. People are busy. They set it aside to attend to later, and later never comes.

2. SL is weird, and it eats things.

3. People's IMs get capped, and they don't get messages.

4. Notecards go directly to inventory if they are offline, so they might not even know it is there.

5. People are so wrapped up in their own work and roleplay that you are just a very small blip on their radar screen. You only feel like an enormous green radar blob to yourself.

Regarding misunderstandng things, write them down when you talk to people or at meetings. Just open a notecard, and copy and paste what they say right into it. You can make an outline to use later at a meeting.

Hang in there. You are not alone in the way you feel. And reading your post previous to this one, it sounds like you are one very busy dragon!

Princess Ivory

malakyte said...

Yes you are probably right Princess Ivory. Thank you for your comments. They are very helpful. *smiles*

Unknown said...

You are very Important to the Council and They have said so many times to me. I wouldn't worry if you feel a bit overwhelmed by the way people respond, they are all usually swamped with IMs and other busy things. I have received nothing but good comments from all the council members and Even the King and Queen. I dare say that you are always doing your best and shouldn't take it personal if you make a mistake and are misinformed.
~SnowBlind~

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.